I hate sit-ups probably because i’m lazy but thank God i have a reason never to try them again. :p
Crunches and sit-ups have for decades been promoted as great exercises for trimming the waistline or getting the washboard stomach look. Walk into any gym and you won’t need to look far to find people devoting a significant chunk of their workout to performing numerous repetitions of these exercises and you can usually be assured of seeing a “30 minute” abs class on the timetable.
If you’re someone who regularly performs these exercises in the hope of slimming down your waistline then you may be interested to know that, according to a recent study that was published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, you’re wasting your time!
View original post 341 more words
Some of these you may or may not have heard before, they may even be on someone elses list at number 20-25. well, here are a few things that I have picked up over the years and they have added a kind of spice to our marriage.
Womanfolk over the years have been stuggling with getting us menfolk to do stuff around the house, stuff that is not “manly”. These may be things like doing the laundry, sweeping, mopping, doing the dishes, putting away the dishes etc. chores are the one thing that keep a woman busy in her own house. She will always expect that you will have a need deep down inside to do stuff in the house, coz it needs to be done. You and I know that we aren’t wired this way. We don’t just see stuff that need to be done. I recommend…
View original post 518 more words
Manta Resort, im saving up for you.
So i came across this link to 21 amazing hotels you need to visit, forgive me for the profanity but Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think i have just found my calling 🙂 to visit all the listed hotels 🙂 I know it might not happen all this year but a girl can dream other wise this goes into my bucket list.
But if ur out there and u want to help a sister out and make her dreams come true please feel free to holla 🙂
1. Äscher Cliff, Switzerland
2. Hotel Kakslauttanen, Finland
3. Ladera Resort, St. Lucia
4. The Manta Resort, Zanzibar
Photographer Jesper Anhede/ http://www.anhede.se
Image credits: Genberg Underwater Hotels/
5. Rayavadee Krabi, Thailand
6. Shangri La, Paris
7. Hotel Ristorante Grotta Palazzese Polignano a Mare, Italy
8. Conrad Maldives, Rangali Island
9. Panchoran Retreat, Bali
10. Hotel Ubud Hanging Gardens…
View original post 122 more words
“The moment when you first wake up in the morning is the most wonderful of the twenty-four hours. No matter how weary or dreary you may feel, you possess the certainty that, during the day that lies before you, absolutely anything may happen. And the fact that it practically always doesn’t, matters not a jot. The possibility is always there.” – Monica Baldwin
“Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”– Ben Franklin.
Now, let me first say that if you are a night owl, and that works for you, I think that’s great. There’s no reason to change, especially if you’re happy with it.
Here are just a few benefits of being an early bird:
- Greet the day. I love being able to get up, and greet a wonderful new day. I suggest creating a morning ritual that includes saying thanks for…
View original post 989 more words
This is an angry post with lots of truth beneath it though.
1. Phone etiquette. This means phone manners. If you call someone and they don’t pick up, don’t call again. They will call you back. If not, get the message. If you feel that they might have not seen your call, text them. If they don’t reply, please don’t text again asking why they haven’t replied. That is a cycle which leads to insanity and psychotic behaviour. Don’t use your phone while:
a. Driving (Can’t believe I have to say this)
b. On a date
c. In a meeting
d. In an interview
e. When you’ve just been introduced to some people who can take your life, career or business further.
2. Courtesy. Simple good manners will go a long way. Fucking saying please and thank you show you are civilised. Fucking not interrupting people when they are speaking shows that you are listening, not just waiting to talk. Giving…
View original post 1,719 more words
A group of young kids were asked how to decide who to marry and here are the results which are pretty amusing.
HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?
(1) You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and she should keep the chips and dip coming.
– Alan, age 10
(2) No person really decides before they grow up who they’re going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you’re stuck with.
– Kristen, age 10
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
(1) Twenty-three is the best age because you know the person FOREVER by then.
– Camille, age 10
(2) No age is good to get married at. You got to be a fool to get married.
– Freddie, age 6 (very wise for his age)
HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
(1) You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids.
– Derrick, age 8
WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
(1) Both don’t want any more kids.
– Lori, age 8
WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
(1) Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough.
– Lynnette, age 8 (isn’t she a treasure)
(2) On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that Usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.
– Martin, age 10
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ON A FIRST DATE THAT WAS TURNING SOUR?
(1) I’d run home and play dead. The next day I would call all the newspapers and make sure they wrote about me in all the dead columns.
-Craig, age 9
WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
(1) When they’re rich.
– Pam, age 7
(2) The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn’t want to mess with that.
– Curt, age 7
(3) The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It’s the right thing to do.
– Howard, age 8
IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
(1) I don’t know which is better, but I’ll tell you one thing. I’m never going to have sex with my wife. I don’t want to be all grossed out.
– Theodore, age 8
(2) It’s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them.
– Anita, age 9 (bless you child)
HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN’T GET MARRIED?
(1) There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn’t there?
– Kelvin, age 8
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
(1) Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck.
– Ricky, age 10
By Chris Hughes
Adapted from Positive Press Agency